Thursday, October 6, 2011

Maybe Tomorrow

Yes, I rode to work today.

The weather continues to be gorgeous. I think that is why there were so many folks out at lunchtime today. Yesterday it wasn't so busy, but today was a different story. I'd thought today would be the day I would sample the falafel pita at the Pita Pit, but the line was too long. I continued to walk to my usual lunch spot and the line there was out the door as well. If I knew I was going to have to stand in line I'd of tried the Pita. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

I wouldn't want this guys job, but he sure has a great view.
Pinocchio in City Garden. Lots of folks were out in the park today.
I don't remember seeing so many food trucks Downtown in the past. Last summer was the first of it and it was a cupcake truck. This summer I've seen more. I saw this truck on my way back to work.
I'm happy to report that the ride home was completely uneventful. Last night's excitement was enough to last me for a long while.

  • 56F/13C and beautiful for the ride to work.
  • 81F/27C and and even more beautiful for the ride home.

3 comments:

  1. Weather up here sucks, rain every day, and people drive like... (insert politically incorrect word).
    Take care and enjoy your falafel (hopefully tomorrow).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food trucks are the hot new thing...I wish we could get them to come to the University!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sonja: This weather is a pleasant surprise. It's not unseasonable. It's this many really nice days in a row that is special.

    Melanie: I worry a little that they will hurt the street vendors. Of course, the City has made it pretty tough on them already so perhaps it doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete