Monday, January 30, 2012

A Minor "Van Winkle"

Yes, I rode to work today.

This can't really be January can it? More likely I pulled a minor "Van Winkle" and slept until Spring. This was definitely one January day that having to stay inside was most un-fun.

This was morning-time.
And...

This was lunch-time.
And...

This was homing-time.
As I was taking photos a cyclist stopped near me. At first I thought he was concerned about upsetting my picture. But, soon it became apparent that he, too, was going to take a photo of the sunset

Yep, ye olde photo of someone taking a photo.
The someone taking the photo in this case is named Joe. He, too, commutes downtown. We chatted for a moment or two and then went our separate ways. Once again, I had the opportunity to shake someone's hand I probably wouldn't even have met if not for riding my Symba.

  • 39F/4C with a few clouds for the ride to work.
  • 63F/17C with a lingering sunset for the ride home.

2 comments:

  1. Really nice photos. I especially like the one with the glowing camera of the bike rider. How true about meeting people, making contact outside the metal box...Living Outside the Box... new scooter blog title? I can not believe your temps. Take care with an early spring and those whirly things that come out of the sky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a special moment, the two of us with the same thing on our minds. I love serendipity.

      I appreciate you taking time to visit.

      Delete