Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ironic

Yes, I rode to work today.

Sometimes bumper stickers are funny because they are meant to be funny. Other times bumper stickers are simply ironic. I remember once seeing a WWJD* bumper sticker on a Hummer. I thought that was ironic. This morning I encountered another example of this second kind of bumper sticker. I was riding to work and a car pulled out of street parking right into the path of the car in front of me. The street had a turning lane in the center and the car in front of me laid on the horn and swerved around him. I had plenty of time to slow down and was not in any danger from his move. Shortly after our stunt driver's maneuver I found myself next to him at a light. He had a cigarette and a sweet roll in the hand he had on the steering wheel. In the other hand he had a clear plastic cup filled with what looked like soda. And, what bumper sticker did he have on his bumper? "Hang Up And Drive".

This morning as I was leaving Goldilocks noticed I had my motoX helmet. "Are you expecting it to be warm?" She asked. "Yep," I said and added, "I'm hoping for at least fifty degrees."

It only made it to 48F/9C, but I ain't complaining.
  • 43F/6C and cloudy for the ride to work.
  • 48F/9C and clear for the ride home.
*What Would Jesus Do.

1 comment:

  1. Good laugh. Thanks. It never fails that you betray your bumper sticker.

    ReplyDelete