Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Yes, I rode today.

Part of my morning commute takes me on old Route 66. I often can stretch Billies legs out a bit on this stretch. The speed limit I think is 35mph, but don't tell anyone. It is apparently a secret. The usual speed is 10 to 15mph above that. I've mentioned Deputy D a number of times, but there is another deputy that rides a scoot to work. He rides a 50cc Kymco. I sometimes see him on the way to work. Our chosen paths to the Courthouses differ but often they cross. Today I found myself behind him on Old Route 66. I wasn't behind him long and was reminded why I moved up from 50cc to 101cc. I was able to keep up with traffic and he was not. Billie is nearly perfect for my daily commute and the gas mileage is unbeatable. That said,  I certainly wouldn't mind if she had 150cc.
  • 54F/12C and a few clouds for the ride to work. Lately, it only seems to rain when I take vacation days. Oh well, makes for nice lunchtime walks.
  • 82F/28C and possibly the same few clouds, but I doubt it, for the ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment