Wednesday, April 11, 2012

More Proof

Yes, I rode to work today.

I saw two Ruckuses today. One I got a picture of and one I didn't.

I was eating lunch when this red Ruckus pulled up. Heather, formerly known on this blog as Goldilocks, has always  liked the look of the Ruckus. I've always liked the looks of the Big Ruckus. I've even thought I might like to own a Big Ruckus one day.

The other Ruckus was black. I saw it after work and lucky for him I did. In the time I've been riding only  twice has a vehicle pulled out in front of me in such a way to scare me. Neither time was it a car. Both times it has been someone riding a scooter. Tonight it was this Ruckus. Fortunately, tonight I knew I could change lanes and I was able to avoid him, but it was way too close. It definitely got my heart rate up. Oh well, more proof I'm invisible when riding, even other scooter riders don't seem able to see me.

As to the change of name for Heather. Heather is a very private person and when I started my other blog I asked her what she would like me to call her. She said, "Heather." When I started this blog, being inspired by some other blogger's pet name for there beloved, I began calling Heather Goldilocks. It made sense to me because she is blond. The other night she was reading one of the posts on this blog where I referred to her as Goldilocks. "Why did you start calling me Goldilocks," she asked me. I told her what I've told you dear reader and asked her if it bothered her. "Well," she said, "Goldilocks was kind of hard to please, sort of high maintenance. Are you sure you don't think I'm high maintenance?" I assured her I didn't, but I'm not sure she was convinced.

And, yes, Heather did read the above paragraph and laughed. She is happy to be Heather. No more Goldilocks.

  • 37F/3C and clear for the ride to work.
  • 56F/13C and not a cloud in the sky for the ride home.

2 comments:

  1. You will be extra wary of Rucki from now on, I'm sure. No helmet on this fool either. I'm glad you are OK.

    And "Heather" is much nicer. Good idea to let "Goldilocks" go on her way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually he was wearing a helmet. It wasn't strapped but it was on his head.

      I had thought about writing a post just about the "Goldilocks" thing. I thought of calling it, "Goldilocks is dead," but decided the title might cause a start to those who knew us.

      Thanks for commenting.
      ~k

      Delete