Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Damp

Today I rode to work.

Today it rained.


It rained all during my ride to work and during my walk from the parking area into the Courthouse.

It rained very hard. There was thunder and there was lightning, but mostly there was just rain. And, thankfully, there was very little wind.

I was reminded of two things today. First of all, I have a bad habit of grabbing the front brake. This isn't a good idea in the best of times and a horrible idea when it is raining. Secondly, when it is raining hard enough and you ride in it long enough you are going to get wet. I didn't get wet today, but I did get damp.

By lunchtime the robins were hunting worms.

And, the sun and the clouds were making nice to me.
  • 64F/18C with thunderstorms and torrential rains for the ride to work this morning.
  • 83F/28C with clouds, but plenty of sunshine for the ride home.

2 comments: