Wednesday, September 5, 2012

By, By, By, and By...

Yes, I rode to work today.

And, I was very glad to be riding Billie. The sky was beautiful. And, while there was hardly a cloud over head, I was surrounded by them. I wonder if I'd have noticed if I was driving.


By 9am it was hazy and humid. 

By 9:30am the temperature had dropped and a thunderstorm moved through downtown.



 
By lunchtime there were scattered showers in the area. One of these showers was visiting my part of Downtown.


A co-worker told me she got wet walking to get lunch. Me? Because I ride everyday I can, I had my rain gear in my backpack. And, while I didn't have enough sense to stay in out of the rain, I did have the sense to put on my rain jacket.

By the end of lunch, it had stopped raining, the temperature was on the rise, and the clouds were breaking up.

And, by the time I rode home there was plenty of sunshine.
  • 76F/24C with clouds all around for the ride to work.
  • 85F/29C with a few clouds for the home ride.



4 comments:

  1. You still get to enjoy summer temperatures down there, so nice, even with the rain thrown in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonja,
      Actually, this is a very familiar pattern here. We call these pop-up storms. Usually, all summer the forecast calls for "thunderstorms possible in the late afternoon." This summer has been odd. Today felt very familiar...for August. Oh well, everything is topsy turvy.
      ~k

      Delete
  2. Your area and, of course, all the way south of you, has the best cloud viewing. With awesome clouds come sirens. And anxiety. Now I prefer the autumn storms and threats of snow storms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha,
      Yes, here the tornadoes can happen nearly anytime. A couple of years ago we had nine tornadoes on New Year's Eve...after a white Christmas. Heaven only knows what this year will bring.
      ~k

      Delete