Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Whole Point

Yes, I rode to work today.

And, for the second day in a row I forgot my camera.

I saw the thinnest sliver of a moon hanging in the sky when I came out of the cafe this morning. It was beautiful. I tried to capture it with the camera in my phone, but it wasn't to be. Perhaps it was for the best. I suspect it is good to be reminded of how fleeting, once and for all, and creatures of memory most beautiful moments are.

Beauty.

I'm convinced beauty is the heart, the center of all-that-is. Beauty is everywhere, yet it must be sought to be seen clearly. Riding is one of the things I do to seek it out.

After work I saw a young man pushing his unicycle as he walked. I was waiting at a long stoplight. If my XP had been hanging around my neck as it does most days I'd have had a wonderfully whimsical shot. 

Whimsy.
 
Whimsy, too, dwells close by the heart of all-that-is. As I sat there waiting and waiting and waiting for the light to change, while watching and watching and watching the young man stroll across the street in front of me, I heard the faint laughter of all-that-is. I suspect I could have only imagined it. And, what if I did? Perhaps that was the whole point.
  • 40F/4C with some clouds for the ride to work.
  • 50F/10C and becoming overcast for the home ride.

2 comments: