Friday, February 22, 2013

Who Knew?

Nope I didn't ride to work today.

When I got into my car this morning...
There was ice to the left of me...
...ice to the right of me.

After waiting a few minutes for the ice to melt enough to easily remove it I headed to work.

And, much to my surprise...
This is a Rte. 66 landmark.
...the donut place wasn't busy.

And, even a bigger surprise was...
,,,the streets were clear. Truth be known I could have ridden to work, who knew?

The temperatures remained a few degrees above freezing all day.
By evening the sky had cleared and the sun was shinning.

I even had a sunset to ride off into the weekend.
Have a great weekend and if you get to ride, ride safe, ride strong, and above all ride beautiful.



6 comments:

  1. That ice does not look like fun. Good that the roads were clear and not ice coated though.

    Have a great weekend, lots of steady rain here. it is wet, wet, wet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The roads are very clear. Even my street which never gets cleared has pretty much melted off. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and near 40F. There may be a ride in my future.
      ~k

      Delete
  2. I like that donut shop photo. Even that looks hard to resist on a day like that.

    Is the Mississippi still extremely low? Hope you enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha,
      I've not heard much about the Mississippi of late, which leads me to believe things aren't as dire as they were. I know the area we are in is now considered just abnormally dry and not in drought. And, this was before the most recent over 5in. of snow. A good thing, but who knows what the "Spring" will bring. I hate to be pessimistic, but I ain't optimistic.

      Thanks for stopping by,
      ~k

      Delete
  3. Keith, slipping and sliding on two wheels is a lot less fun than it sounds.

    I think that you and Steve Williams have the most experience between you of taking PTWs where they were never meant to go.

    You two should get together and write a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David,
      I am really very careful about riding in adverse situations. It's just that we have lots of in-between times here which look more dramatic than they really are. Playing in the snow alone in the alleys is one thing, but being on the street with other cars is another. I want lots of traction when I must play with others.

      Actually, the Symba isn't that much different than playing in the snow with a bicycle. Now if you want talk about people going on two wheels in unbelievable weather there they are: the cyclists.

      By the way, I think Steve is in a league all his own.

      Thanks for stopping by, I know you are very busy.
      ~Keith

      Delete