Friday, February 8, 2013

Exploring

Yes. I rode to work today.

Today I was freed from my normal morning duties of being Heather's snooze alarm. This meant I got out and about a little earlier than I've become accustomed. This gave me a little time to go exploring before work. I'm told varying ones route to work is good for the prevention of Alzheimer's as well as being good for the soul.

And I found airplanes....

or, at least the hulks of old airplanes.

There were the remains of helicopters as well. I know I've gone by this place a number of times, but always from the opposite direction. These treasures were hidden by the buildings until I came toward this place from a new direction. Hmm, perhaps there is a sermon in that.

And, what is this placed called?

Go figure.

At lunchtime I saw a serious motorcycle parked near the Serra sculpture.

I wonder what kind of exploring this beast has done.

As I left work I noticed a reminder the Mardi Gras festivities were soon to begin.
  • 35F/2C and overcast for the ride to work.
  • 36F/2C and overcast for the home ride.





10 comments:

  1. Wonder if the guy is a collector of vintage airplanes? Interesting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be a collector I suppose. It was a totally unexpected sight and a complete delight to begin my day with.

      Delete
    2. We all need to be surprised now and again. It's good for the soul.

      Delete
    3. Yes, it is indeed good for the soul, very very good.

      Delete
  2. Isn't it great when you see something for the first time even when you've driven/ridden by many times before. I don't know why but when that happens it always brings a smile to me face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of my favorite things! I love it when something shows itself and reminds me the familiar isn't so completely familiar.

      Delete
  3. That's not a motorcycle, that's an RV on two wheels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to agree with you on that! I really like the beaded seat covers :)

      Delete
  4. That BMW is far too clean to have explored much today. Lucky you to have ridden to work on Friday ... I was sent home early because of the storm ... wait a minute, lucky me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's just say we were both lucky.

    Yeah, my bikes never look quite so shiny even after I clean them. Oh well.
    ~Keith

    ReplyDelete