Monday, April 29, 2013

Company

Yes, I rode to work today.

0700 CDT
We didn't make it to 80F/27C but we got close. The demonstrators Downtown couldn't have asked for a better day for their rally.

When I walked by the Morton D May Amphitheater on my way to lunch the place was packed with Union members protesting Peabody Energy's role in the demise of Patriot Coal (Click here to read about it). Thirty minutes later they were all gone. I don't know where they went.

On the way home I noticed this Magnolia tree with a few blooms still left. The dogwood, the redbud, and the crabapple trees are in their glory now, the Magnolias have pretty much come and gone.

I must say, there is nothing like the rumor of a 80degF/27degC day with lots of sunshine to bring out the bikes.

Billie had lots of company today.
  • 48F/9C with a little fog for the ride to work.
  • 78F/26C and a few clouds for the home ride.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a lot of company for Billie. After being so lonely all winter hopefully Billie didn't get all flustered.

    Hope your run of warm weather continues.

    ReplyDelete