Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Another Beautiful Day

Yes, I rode to work today.

I'd not thought about "smart phones" making the picket line more enjoyable, but saw it in practice this morning. I don't know if you can make it out or not. The guy in the dark shirt was texting or doing something on his phone as he stood his ground proclaiming the school here wasn't using Union workers.

The co-worker who lost her power in the storm last Friday got her power back last night at 9:17pm. Said planned to play pick three and use those numbers.

It was another beautiful day to be outside, oh well.
  • 58F/14C with some clouds for the ride to work.
  • 72F/22C and little bit cloudier for the home ride.

2 comments:

  1. I remember years ago when I was in college the store I worked at was unionized and went out on strike. Many of the college kids walked out in solidarity for a variety of reasons. At the time that particular store had great relations with the union and the management would bring out drinks and such to the strikers. We all stand around and chat, much to the chagrin of the Union. Your post brought that memory back after 25 plus years. I've not crossed a picket line in my entire life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much for holding signs when picketing. I think smart phones are trying to take over the world, one mind at a time.

    ReplyDelete