Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Nice Day

Yes, I rode to work today.

And . . .

It finally managed to put together a nice day all day.

From the luscious sunrise in the morning . . .

. . . to the blue skies in the evening.

It is difficult for me to comprehend it is August. It is like we haven't had any real "summer" weather. Yes, we had a couple of warm days, but mostly we've had cool mornings and moderate, for here, days. St. Louis has been spared the worse of the rains. Ironically, even though it seems we've had very few days in a row without a shower or two, we could use some rain. I wrote that sentence in a very low voice.

I walked over near the demolition site again.

I had to get a photo of these grand old timbers.

I love the times when I'm riding and there are significant changes in temperatures during my journey, little patches of cold or a place where it feels warmer than anywhere else. This evening's ride home was such a time. I'm still smiling.

  • 67F/19C and a little cloudy for the ride to work.
  • 79F/26C with fewer clouds and lots of sunshine for the home ride.

2 comments:

  1. I love to feel that temp change, too. Especially when I'm hiking and the smells change. More fragrant tree and earthy smells.

    Those timbers!

    Are you noticing the lower sun? It's darker here in the AM now

    :^ c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely getting darker earlier. I sure do notice! Don't like it, but what can you do?

      Delete