Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Bodes Well

Yes, I rode to work today.

And . . .

The day began gray with patches of fog. I even saw evidence of a recent rain shower, but by afternoon it had cleared off.

Outside, Inside

Today bought the news a friend's son bought a motorcycle. He bought a Honda Rebel. He's enrolled in the Basic Rider Course at the local Community College.  He is doing so very many things right. She announced the purchase on Facebook and I wasn't surprised by the comments, still it saddened me the assumption my friend was sprouting gray hairs and in the grips of anxiety. I'm sure she is anxious, just as she is about his going off to college, having a serious steady girlfriend, about him being a "boy", etc. I added my voice to congratulate the young man on making sensible decisions. It bodes well for his future.

  • 72F/22C and gray for the ride to work.
  • 89F/32C with some clouds, but plenty of sunshine for the home ride.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like another new rider in the making. Glad he is taking the course. It is unfortunate that people that don't know about motorcycles assume mom will be freaked out and scared about it.

    Motorcycles aren't dangerous, although the act of motorcycling can be if not properly trained.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I must admit that motorcycles are dangerous, but so are many other things we do. What impressed me was how at 18 he is wise enough to be thinking about minimizing his risk and making it safer than the next meal probably many of the negative commentators will be eating without a second thought.

      Delete