Friday, February 14, 2014

Delicious

Nope, I didn't ride to work today.

And . . .

The predicted one to three inches of snow didn't materialize.


The morning was just gray.

The bad news is we got freezing rain and sleet instead.


When I got to my car after work, my fellow co-workers were all busy scraping at the ice on their windows. A couple even offered to help me. I thought that sweet, but declined their offer. Instead I just started the car and waited for the ice to melt. I find it delicious to not have to be in a hurry. There are times when one must hurry, but tonight was not one of them for me.


The streets were fine, until . . .


I got to mine. It was pretty slick.

It is a cold and dreary night. We went out last evening and decided to forgo Neve Shalom tonight and just stay in.

  • 31F/-1C and overcast for my morning drive.
  • 24F/-4C with a few snowflakes for the evening commute.

4 comments:

  1. Ick blah on the freezing rain. Good thing you didn't ride.

    Have a great weekend. Do you have Monday off? Our courts are closed so I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I was off and glad for it. Sadly, Heather had to work. It would have been nice to have the day off together. It started out icy but turned out pretty nice.

      Delete
  2. Ugh, freezing rain. The dry, fluffy stuff is a lot nicer. We're getting some of that right now. Nice to ride in too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Freezing rain and sleet suck. Snow, on the other hand, can be fun.

      Delete