Monday, May 12, 2014

Rain?

Yes, I rode to work today.

And . . .

The forecast was for a 50% chance of rain. It didn't rain on me for my ride into work.


I parked Billie in her spot just in case one of the "possibly servere" thunderstorms found its way to us. Notice there are no Hippohands.


On my morning break I noticed there was only one tulip bloom left. Soon they will come and pull up all the bulbs. And if they follow past practice they plant hostas.

When I came out after work I noticed someone had been painting on the street.


A number of the streets in Downtown are torn up. There is a big sewer replacement project going on. Hmmm, I wonder if there will be some inconvenience in my future. Oh, and notice the pavement is still dry.

It's supposed to be rainy all week. We'll see. I hope it turns out to be rainy just like today did.

  • 75F/24C and mostly cloudy for the ride to work.
  • 87F/30.5C, humid and hazy-cloudy for the home ride.


4 comments:

  1. And then they tear up the hostas at the end of autumn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha,
      That's my memory of how it works. Seemed wasteful to me. A number of my co-workers look forward to them digging up the tulips. People are encouraged to take as many of the bulbs as they want. This leads me to belief they just dispose of what is left at the end of the day.

      Delete
  2. Glad you managed a dry ride.

    The lone tulip is pretty. I couldn't imagine tearing up the bulbs after blooming then doing it all again later. Job security I guess and it keeps things looking fresh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandy,
      I think that's what you said last year :^)

      As I said to Martha, seems wasteful and forceful. I don't like it much.

      Delete