Monday, May 19, 2014

Tulips Gone

Yes, I rode to work today.

And . . .

Today was the day they pulled up the tulips.


All during the day folks were picking over the discarded bulbs.


An attorney friend of mine was mightily embarrassed when I caught her in the act.

It was brightly overcast again today. And it was breezy. There were gusts over 35hph. When I saw the forecast this morning I decided to take the Red Fox. It is a much more stable ride in the wind than is the Symba. I've also discovered I make it to work around 10 minutes earlier if I take the Kymco. I can honestly say I don't go any faster on the Kymco, but I do go quicker.

  • 56F/13C and cloudy for the ride to work.
  • 78F/25.5C and a bright silvery sky for the home ride.

7 comments:

  1. Keith I like it!
    You don't go any faster but you do go quicker ;)
    Regards
    Len

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Len,
      It's amazing how quickly the Kymco gets up to speed :^). Apparently, with all the stop signs I have on the route that adds up.

      Delete
  2. So nice they give away the tulip bulbs. With budgets these days I am surprised they don't dry them and keep them for next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems wasteful, but I've watched them do this every year. Next will come the hostas.

      Delete
  3. Hmmm..I guess I thought the bulbs stayed in the ground until next season.

    What do I know?

    Where's Martha? She'll know...

    "Red Fox"? I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb,
      You and I would. The folks who are taking them home to eventually plant are planning to plant them and leave them, but that's not the way of urban landscaping is handled in this instance anyway.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and glad you like the new nickname for my favorite red trickster :^)

      Delete