Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Walking Poles, a Crash (Not Mine), a Goldwing, and a Bunny.

Yes I rode to work today.

And . . .

Every morning I pass these two women. They are walking. One has walking poles the other doesn't. Everyday for as long as I've been riding to work the woman with the walking poles has walked on the inside. I was surprised Monday when she was walking on the outside. I wondered why the change. I almost stopped to ask her what was up with the change, but didn't. Tuesday same thing. Today she was back to walking on the inside. I have no idea if they notice me. I think not. Would I have noticed them if I was in the car everyday. Probably not. Why? Because I wouldn't be on that street if I was commuting to work by car.

Nor would I have seen the aftermath of a Corvette ramming into a cellphone store.

You can barely make out the hole in the building with the camera man standing in front of it as a reporter reads the story.

There was a reporter on the scene as I went by. I didn't get a very good picture. Later I looked up what had happened. You can click here for the story and a much better photo of the damage. Ah, life in the City.

The weather was so nice today that even the Goldwing came to work.


Again, not my cup of tea ...


But ...


It is a head turner.

The deputy who owns it puts a lot of highway miles on it during the Summer. He doesn't bring it to work all that often and never when there is rain in the forecast.

Finally, I hadn't see the bunnies in over a week I was getting worried. Today when I came out after work I spied one hunkered down in the grass.


Maybe the eagle detail on the Goldwing frightened it.

  • 73F/23C and sunny for the ride to work.
  • 86F/30C and plenty sunny for the ride home.

6 comments:

  1. Interesting how some riders won't ride in the rain. Like their bikes are gonna melt or something! LOL

    Sweet bunny! I love bunnies...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb,
      Some riders are terrified of rain. Oh well, not my worry :^)

      Glad you liked the bunny.

      Delete
  2. Pretty nice paint job on the Wing.

    And hooray the bunnies (or at least one) are back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, there is at least one bunny. I feared something had wiped them out, but, no. There it was.

      I, too, like the paint job.

      Delete
  3. I like the last photo, a great ending to the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Richard.

      Sorry, no photos today. Things were a little hectic today.

      Delete