Friday, March 15, 2013

I Ain't Complainin'

Yes, I rode to work today.

Yesterday I was hoping for a 30degF warmup during the day and instead I got a few big snowflakes and a half hour of sleet. Not to be deterred today I was hoping for a 40degF swing.

I wasn't the only one thinking today was going to be a fine day to ride. I was able to take some vacation time and when I left at lunchtime I found Billie had company.

On my way home I noticed lots of people out jogging, walking their dogs, or playing in the park.

When I got home I switched to Isabelle and just headed South to nowhere in particular. I just wanted to enjoy the warmth and stretch Isabelle's legs. It was just a quick little thirty and then some mile jaunt out Lemay Ferry Rd. I saw lots of bikes out, but didn't take any photos.

The urge to just keep on going was very strong, but I really wanted to get some time on my inline skates. I stayed on plan and managed to get my skate in. I did a little over 7mi/11km in 55min, a nice leisurely pace.

I didn't get a 40degF swing. The temperature rose from 32F/0C in the morning to only 70F/21C while I was skating, but I ain't complainin'.

Wow, it has been a very full day and it is far from over. Nice.

Have a great weekend!


8 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds nice Keith! You are lucky to have downtown, dedicated (right?) parking. I worked downtown for years and parking was either expensive or unreliable, often both.

    Enjoy your weather; our 10-day announced that we'd see single digits most every night next week, no sign of warm-up during the period. We must be working back to average for how nice it was last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the perks of our job is having parking included both for cars and motorcycle/scooters. With what we get paid it would be very difficult to afford parking. The motorcycle area is closer than the car.

      Our weather is cooling back off. This is the way of late winter early spring. One has to enjoy the nice days when they come.

      Delete
  2. Did you say "only 70 degrees" ? It's only March! Even down there you don't want to rush it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was one of those crazy March days. The low was 8degF below normal, but the high was 16degF above normal. The really nice thing was no severe weather with it. As you know, quite often when there is a day like this in February or early March it's accompanied by severe T-storms and/or Tornadoes.

      And, as expected, these temperatures didn't last long :^)

      Delete
  3. Any day you can get out and not be freezing is an awesome day! I can hardly wait until we have some 21 degree days! Glad you got out to enjoy it on both Isabelle and your skates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good I took the time off. The weekend was much different. Lots of rain and even some sleet and snow on Sunday.

      Delete
  4. It is nice that Billie had company and others thought of riding too.

    Good on you for getting in two rides and an inline skate!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could really get used to working just an half day, especially when the days are still short :^)

      Delete