Thursday, June 13, 2013

Only Two Of Us

Yes, I rode to work today.

It was cooler today. It was still warm, but there was an odd chill in air. It was almost spooky. I must admit it got my attention and I worked at being even more vigilant. It, also, looked like rain even though all the forecasters were saying there was absolutely no rain, no way, and they were right. It did not rain. I wasn't surprised when there were only two of us who rode to work, me and the guy who rides the Yamaha sportbike.

As I was having breakfast at the cafe I glanced up in time to see a rider waiting for the light to change. I quickly grabbed for the camera, but...

Sadly, I was a tad late and got him just as he began to move. Perhaps you can make out his gear even with the slight blur. Yep, a blue oxford long sleeve shirt, gray dress slacks and finely polished black loafers. I'd guess he is on his way to work.

The evening ride home was absolutely lovely. Tomorrow is suppose to be even more lovely and then comes the weekend...and rain returns to the forecast.
  • 71F/22C and overcast for the ride to work.
  • 83F/28C with clouds, but plenty of sunshine for the ride home.

5 comments:

  1. Your motorcycle man is riding James Bond style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hadn't thought of that. Once again you brought a smile to my face.
      ~k

      Delete
  2. You think a button down shirt would be cold to ride in, not just lacking protection.

    We had a funnel cloud touch down an hour or so north of town in McMinnville yesterday. First one in Oregon in a few years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like we had one about ten miles from our house too.

      http://www.kval.com/news/local/Tornado-3-funnel-clouds-hit-Western-Oregon-211585931.html?fb_action_ids=10151426607280493&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%2210151426607280493%22%3A203741309780196%7D&action_type_map=%7B%2210151426607280493%22%3A%22og.recommends%22%7D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

      Delete
    2. Even 10miles is too close. I was glad to read the statistics on the Fujita ratings on most of your "incidents". Tornadoes are so very destructive. It is not my favorite thing about living in the Midwest.

      May you be safe...and my your allergies lighten up :^)
      ~k

      Delete