Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Summer Is Making An Encore

Yes, I rode to work today.

It seems summer is making an encore performance. No complaints from me.

Lots going on Downtown. There was the Baseball Playoffs, President Obama was visiting, and the Peabody Opera House grand opening was tonight with a concert by Wilco.

But for me the bigger news was the opening of the Pita Pit.

I've been waiting for the Pita Pit to open for months. Today was its first day and there was a line out the door. Yesterday there were staff outside handing out coupons for a free 22oz soda with a purchase of a Pita. I don't drink soda and will wait for the lines to thin out before I check out their falafel.
There were more folks out and about at lunchtime than normal. This could have been due to the events or simply because it was such a beautiful day.

The fountain in Keiner Plaza was supposedly spouting red , but it looked more orange to me. I'm sure it was dyed red for the hometown baseball team the Cardinals. 

I was a little worried that between the baseball came and the President traffic could be a problem after work. It wasn't. I suspect if I was headed north it might have been a different story. There is another ball game tomorrow and it's scheduled to start a little after I get off work. We'll see what that does to traffic. 


Busch Stadium

  • 50F/10C and clear for the ride into work.
  • 80F/27C and clear for the ride home.


No comments:

Post a Comment