Monday, January 9, 2012

107mpg

Yes, I rode to work today.

And yes, I was able to get a ride in over the weekend.  Sunday morning I rode over to Kirkwood in hunt of the Honey Whole Wheat Bagel. It was 30F/-1C and clear at 7am, but by late morning it had turned cloudy. Eventually, I wandered over to St.Charles to visit my son and his family. When I finally pulled in at home around 6pm it was dark and 41F/5C. I rode somewhere around 120mi and spent nearly four hours in the saddle. I did a mileage check. I got 107mpg. Since part of the ride to St.Charles is WOT, I must say I was very pleased.

The weather continues to be unseasonably warm. We usually have our coldest temperatures during the second week of January. Doesn't look like that will be the case this year, and if it is . . . it will truly be a mild winter.

  • 28F/-2C and clear for the ride home.
  • 48F/9C and I'm told there were a few clouds for the ride home. I couldn't see them. It was dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment