Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The First Morning

Yes, I rode to work today.

It was much warmer this morning than yesterday morning. Actually it was warmer for my ride to work this morning than it was for my ride home last night. But the real news of the day was . . . . this was the first morning I noticed the days are getting longer.

The sunrise was breaking out as I left the cafe this morning. I'd become use to it not beginning to bloom until three or four miles into my morning ride. I suspect it won't be long before the sun will once more be in my eyes.

Winter sunrises seem to be especially beautiful here. I wonder if there really is a quality to the weather that makes it so, or is it the longing for the return of the light and a hoped for spring? Or, then again, is it simply I'm around to see them?

  • 38F/3C with enough clouds to make for a marvelous sunrise for the ride to work.
  • 46F/8C and still dark for the ride home.

2 comments:

  1. No chance to notice that days are getting longer again, the day starts in dark grey with rain, it rains during the day, and it's dark again (and raining) when I come home. So looking forward to a change in weather and lovely sunrise like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get to see some sunshine. I'm grateful for it and don't take it for granted believe me.

    Thanks for stopping by. Appreciate it.
    ~k

    ReplyDelete