Friday, April 13, 2012

Opening Day

Yes, I rode to work today.

The first home game of the season for the Cardinal's Baseball team is a very big deal here in St. Louis. Last year they won the World Series and there was every reason to expect lots of people Downtown today. And, there were a lot of folks, but....
It rained.

Folks congregated anywhere there was an overhang.

It rained enough to delay the game until late in the afternoon, which was good news for me.


If the rain hadn't delayed the game I would have been facing much more traffic than normal.


And, the cars would have been filled with baseball fans who may have been drinking beer all afternoon. I was glad to have the game still very much in progress at ride home time.

Even though it rained much of the day, it didn't rain during my ride to work or my ride home.

Here's to a wonderful weekend!
  • 54F/12C and overcast for the ride to work.
  • 52F/11C and overcast for the ride home.

2 comments:

  1. I will never understand how a sports event and alcohol can go together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For years the baseball team here was owned by Anheiser-Busch Brewery, which didn't help matters. It can be a very dangerous combination.

      Delete