Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Good Hearted Abuse

No, I didn't ride to work today.

Today was a State Holiday here in Missouri. Today was Harry S. Truman's Birthday and all State Offices were closed.  Truman was the 33rd President of the United States and was born and raised here in Missouri. Of course, nothing else was closed. Every year since I began working for the State, Truman's Birthday has become a day my friends give me much good hearted abuse.

I did ride some today. And, I looked at bikes. I came to the conclusion I want Honda PCX250. Of course, the problem is Honda doesn't make a PCX250. I loved sitting on the PCX125. It fit me like a glove. Oh well, I will test ride a PCX150 when they become available, but I think 150cc's is a little small for what I have in mind. I'm thinking I also may test ride a CBR250R. I liked it, too, and heaven knows it would take me anywhere I want to go.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Roger,
      It is a very nice bike and will begin to show up used soon. I suspect it will be autumn at the earliest before I can get really serious, and probably not until 2013. It can't hurt to look :)

      Delete
  2. Keith:

    someone in our group rides the CBR250r and he really likes it. Go look at the Ninja 250R as well as it is the best selling 250 on the market, but you may not like the ergonomics. I love the shifting of the gears . . . Then head west and I'll buy you a coffee

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast
    My Flickr // My YouTube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bob,
      I'm aware of the Ninjette. One of its great advantages is the number of good used units available. It is definitely a proven performer. The CBR is fuel injected and has an ABS option. I don't share your love of shifting the gears, but I do love the better fuel economy. We will see. Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

      I keep the coffee offer in mind.
      ~k

      Delete