Tuesday, May 29, 2012

He Sees Me Riding

Yes, I rode to work today.

But....

I went in late.

When I walked over to the cafe to get my morning bagel the sky looked like rain and there was even an occasional sprinkle. Alas, later, by the time I left the dentist the sun was shinning and the sky had cleared.. Rain wasn't in the forecast, but conditions this morning had gotten my hopes up.

Instead of rain we had another rider's paradise sort of day. We need rain. The National Weather Service is suggesting an 80% chance of rain Thursday. Time will tell.

During the home-ride I saw Pee Wee. I've written about Pee Wee in Twists and Leanings and you can click here to read my first post about him. He was sitting on his front porch. It seems lately whenever he's been out, I've been on a short leash and couldn't stop. Tonight I could stop. Pee Wee still isn't riding. I don't think I've mentioned he lost a riding friend a while back. His friend ran into the side of a UPS truck. Died on the spot. It has caused him to reconsider many things. He's dropped out of the motorcycle club he belonged to and is just letting things settle for a while.

Pee Wee is a tinkerer. I think he likes to work on his bike at least as much, perhaps more than he likes to ride it. He has plans. I'll not give them away. Hopefully, photos will follow. He says he thinks he'll be back on the road come autumn. We'll see.

He says he sees me riding all over. It pleases him. Seeing me out riding seems to be important to him right now. That certainly works for me. My being out and about riding is very important to me.

He knows I'm watching and waiting.
  • 79F/26C and a little bit cloudy for the ride to work.
  • 88F/31C and a few clouds for the ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment