Tuesday, July 24, 2012

One Such Record

Yes, I rode to work today.

And, it was hot. I didn't wear the Cool Vest today. I'd like to say it was to test if it made that much of a difference, but the truth of it is: I forgot it. I realized I wasn't wearing it when I zipped up my jacket. Of course, this was when I was already down stairs and had rolled the bike outside the garage. I thought about going back upstairs and retrieving the vest, but the idea of riding today without it to see if I noticed much difference seemed much easier.

It seems the biggest difference in how I feel after the ride. The nights I haven't worn the vest I feel more drained and tired out.

Today, it was very hot for the home ride. It was 107F/41.6C when I left the Courthouse. Another time I think the vest is really helpful is during my walk to the parking area. My walk is a little over a city block. I really missed the vest during my walk tonight. I was very hot and sweaty before I ever got on the bike.

The highest temperature I've ridden in is still 108F/42.2. I thought I might break that today, but it didn't happen. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get other chances to break my record. Between you me, I've always thought some records were made never to be broken. And, this is one such record.
  • 86F/ with a few clouds for the ride to work.
  • 107F/41.6C and officially partly cloudy for the home ride, but I certainly didn't see many clouds.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. I'm really sorry for everyone suffering this terrible hot summer.

    I hope this makes autumn so much more wonderful for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha,
      It appears we may have a break in the temperatures coming tomorrow, and then even lower temps next week. That's a long way off. I'll believe it when I see it. Still, rain is unlikely.
      ~k

      Delete
  2. You're definitely breaking my record of 106F. And I wasn't a happy camper riding in those temps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonja,
      I can't say I'm exactly a happy camper. I am so ready for cooler temperatures.
      ~k

      Delete