Thursday, October 10, 2013

Freedom

Yes, I rode to work today.

And . . .

Bicycles continued to be a theme.

This morning in the Cafe I found this parked near the table where I usually sit. The rider was part of yet another small Bible study group. One of the old timers says this Cafe has become "Grand Central" for these groups. There certainly has been a proliferation of them over the last few months. I suspect it is all part of the "Seeker-friendly" model of "growing" a Church. It's fine with me as long as they leave me alone and stay away from "my" table.

I've always liked feathery clouds and was treated to some this morning.

Warm days and cool nights means fog in low lying areas. There was just enough to add some mystery.

One of the Courtroom Clerks and I were chatting today. He said, "It's kind of funny, we lock people away behind bars, and you find freedom behind bars, handlebars that is."

Yep.

  • 56F/14C and clear for the ride to work.
  • 79F/26C with some clouds for the home ride.

4 comments:

  1. Bike inside the cafe. Not sure why it's allowed. What if 5 people wanted to do that? Better if the cafe gets a nice bike rack set up outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. And the cafe does have a bike rack. It just isn't right by the door. I do hope it doesn't become a regular thing. I can see the staff letting it ride once, but . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe since you've had that particular table so long at the cafe that the ladies working there would sneak a little reserved sign on it for you on weekday mornings.

    I like the behind bars/handle bar idea. I'd never thought of it quite like that.

    ReplyDelete