Monday, March 17, 2014

You Think?

Yes, I rode to work today.

And . . .

We are definitely on the Springtime in St. Louis roller coaster.

Saturday Heather and I were hiking in our shirtsleeves. Yesterday we had sleet. Today? Today begins another warm-up.

The sun has moved far enough to the north to be out of my eyes in the morning.

A little more about the wind and Billie, my Symba. I always put her on the center-stand when I park her in the morning.

I looked at the thingys they have for the bikes and once I figured out how they worked I discovered ...


... she doesn't fit.


I think she'll be okay as long as I park her in the little nook between the stairs and the wall.


Seems pretty much out of the wind.


You think?

It's supposed to be "breezy" the next couple of days. We'll see how it goes.

  • 21F/-6C and clear for the ride Downtown.
  • 49F/9C and cloudy for the home ride.

13 comments:

  1. No, I figured that it wouldn't fit the way a bike would but I was thinking that just putting the rear wheel next to the steel upright next to the sidewalk and attach some part of the scooter to the piece that is intended to go through the wheel stays and rear wheel of the bicycle. Those bike racks are pretty sturdy.

    If someone gets there earlier then the coveted parking spot could be taken. I think that you posted a photo last week where another motorcycle was parked there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I did post a photo of a black Harley parked near there. I suspect I won't need to worry about that bike showing up when it is really windy. Will see. I take another look at those steel uprights, but I'm a little baffled by it. I must think.

      Delete
  2. Breezy & scoots/bikes don't mix, I always worry about finding my bike on the ground or getting caught in a gust when riding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I hate that feeling of the bike being moved by the wind. Talk about feeling powerless. I don't like wind, but if you live here and want to ride, befriending the wind is a must.

      Delete
  3. Should make a huge difference; looks safe to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good. There does appear to be a hydrant hook-up in the back of the space. I'm going to have to check with building and grounds. This space may be off limits. But, until I find out :^)

      Delete
  4. Go get an orange cone. That spot is just perfect. :^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or, a kitchen chair. That's what people use in Chicago to mark their packing places in the winter.

      Delete
  5. The nook seems like a perfect spot for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Keith ,
    That looks like a great made to measure spot you've found there .... Those bike parks look strange ...I wouldn't have a clue what to do!
    Regards LEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Len,
      I'm with you.
      They befuddled me. I guess its proof I'm not clever enough to ride a bicycle. Good thing my one knee won't let me anyway.

      Delete
    2. Front wheel of the bicycle goes between the metal plates next to the building, the horizontal bars on the upright goes above and below the chain stays (the two tubes that run on each side of the rear tire from the bottom bracket i.e. where the crank and pedals are, to the rear wheel). Then you just need a simple padlock and you can't remove the front wheel, rear wheel or the frame. Very well designed bicycle racks and they've been around for about 40 years. I used them when I was a student in CA.

      Delete