Friday, May 30, 2014

While It Lasts

Yes, I rode to work today.

And . . .

It rained, but not until the afternoon.


The morning began with sun - sun and humidity. I thought we might be in for a real taste of St.Louis Summer. By lunchtime, however, it wasn't as "sticky" as I feared.

When I came out to ride home it was obvious it had rained.


The bike was wet. Yes, it had rained, but it hadn't rained as much as I would have liked. I was being very cautious as I left Downtown. I was leery of those patches where the rain had been just enough to mix with oil residue on the streets making for one slick mess. I'm happy to say traction seemed fine.


As I rode farther south it appeared to have rained more. I was grateful.

Once again, I rode home without being rained on. The odds will catch up eventually. Ironically, the first year I rode, I rode in lots of rain. It seemed to rain on me all the time. I'm enjoying this streak while it lasts.

  • 71F/22C, sunny and muggy for the ride to work.
  • 81F/27C and overcast for the ride home.

2 comments:

  1. Your temperatures look nice and toasty, added to the humidity, does it make for thunderstorms? Or just rain?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandy,
      Come summer, most days the forecast will have possible afternoon Thunderstorms. Yes, the hot and humid days bring rain. Heaven only knows what we'll have this summer. Two summers ago this was a desert. We'll see.

      Delete