Tuesday, June 10, 2014

It Rained.

Yes, I rode to work today.

And . . .

It was a beautiful ride into work.

After work? It was nice, too. But . . .


It started to rain just as I was putting on my helmet.


The rain picked as I left Downtown.


It rained steadily all the way home. This was the first test of my summer raingear. It do as well as my winter gear. Oh well, better to find out on a 30min ride rather than a 3hr one.

The Kymco handled wonderfully in the rain.


Of course, it began to let up as soon as I got home. By the time I left to meet Heather for an Introduction to Birding class at the local Community College it had stopped completely.

I do like riding in a nice steady rain.
69F/20.5C and cloudy for the ride to work.
67F/19C with a nice steady rain and a mild thunderstorm thrown in to spice up my ride home.

4 comments:

  1. At least it was a warm rain. And it was on the way home, that way you didn't have to store wet gear at the office. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily, I probably have more room at work than I do at home. We are overflowing with stuff from Heather's Grandparents homes. At times it seems there is hardly any room for us. Oh well, this too will pass.

      Delete
  2. Into every life a little rain must fall :) Its always the way, as soon as I grab my keys it starts to rain, and then as I pull into the driveway it stops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dar,
      That's what has been so amazing of late. It seems it rains lots, but not when I'm riding. Way cool, yes? But, as your experience testifies, the times will change eventually and I'll be back in the cycle you mention.

      Delete