Thursday, January 29, 2015

Rumor of Wind

Yes, I rode to work today.

And . . .

When it is overcast it still means a ride to work in the dark.

It was overcast both ways today and thus dark going and coming.

The big weather news of the day for my co-workers was the forecast of dropping temperatures. I was greeted by chorus of, "You're going to regret riding your motorcycle when it's time to go home." For me the real weather news was the wind. The forecast called for wind gusts of nearly 30 knots. Fortunately neither the temperature drop nor the higher winds materialized today. It was still pretty breezy with a wind of 20 knots, but the big gusts waited until after I was safe home.

I did see two other riders out and about today. Both were riding scooters. One was riding a Vespa. She honked at me. The other was riding a BMW. I haven't seen many BMW's on the road.

Tomorrow a little cooler and that's fine by me. The wind? Light in the morning and diminishing by afternoon.

  • 43F/6C and overcast for the ride to work.
  • 41F/5C and no pretty sunset on the home ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment