Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It Wasn't There

Yes, I rode to work today.

It was an unusual commute. There just wasn't any traffic. Even when I neared Downtown the traffic was exceptionally light. Again and again, I'm reminded of how each day is a unique ride even over the same streets.

I, also, forgot my camera. I left it next to the computer at home. I have a Fuji XP and when I'm riding, rain or shine, it can usually be found attached to a lanyard hanging around my neck. With the change of seasons it has migrated to my pocket, but still handy.

Of course, I missed a great photo opportunity today. After work I was at the grocery store picking up a few things. I kept hearing what sounded like a bird, but thought little of it until a woman next to me said, "Look at that." There was a man in line with a cockatoo on his shoulder. Since I was in my riding gear my hand went for the camera. Of course, it wasn't there.

  • 54F/12C and cloudy for the ride to work.
  • 62F/17C and dark for the ride home.

2 comments:

  1. In fact some days are lighter in traffic, which always makes me think did I miss a holiday? Didn't I get the memo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonja: That was my thought, too. The school buses dispelled that thought. This day it was almost eerie, the traffic was so light. Oh well, I'm sure it will be different today. I don't remember noticing the traffic fluctuations so much when I was driving. The only time I noticed was if there was a back-up because of an accident or something. I suspect I just wasn't paying as close attention.

    ReplyDelete