Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Relieved

Yes, I rode to work today.

I see her nearly every morning on my way to work. She is difficult to miss. She wears the traditional garb of the country she apparently moved here from. She walks a good distance behind the two young boys she follows to the bus stop. I can't tell if is she is the mother or the grandmother. I can tell I wouldn't want to mess with those two boys.

I've mentioned her to Goldilocks and last Thursday all things came together in such a way I could inconspicuously take her photo. I didn't take it to post on this blog or on Twists and Leanings. I just wanted to show it to Goldilocks. Just as I took the photo the woman turned around. I was a good half block or more from her, but I sensed she was aware I took her picture. As, I rode past her, she was watching me. It was the first time in all the months I've been watching her that we made eye contact. It was not comfortable.

Friday morning she was not there. And.....

I wondered if it was a coincidence.

Monday morning she was not there. And.....

I feared it was not a coincidence.

This morning she was there. And.....

I was very much relieved.

  • 36F/2C and cloudy for the ride to work.
  • 59F/15C and mostly cloudy for the ride home.

1 comment: