Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tulips, Bananas and Wind

Yes, I rode to work today.

I rode to work all but one day this month. I find that remarkable.
It was a very unusual February. There are daffodils blooming and the tulips on the grounds of 1010 Market are up and pushing toward the sky.

I'm sitting here listening to the wind blow. It is gusting to near 45mph(72km/h). Since it was warm today many folk commented to me on what a wonderful day to ride it was. And, it was. Still, I can't say that windy is my favorite riding condition. Days like today when there are large swings between the gusts and the ambient wind speed bring a special challenge. In an urban setting the wind seems to be magnified by the large buildings--almost like riding in a wind tunnel. It is great when the wind is to ones back, but the crosswinds are enough to make even me lean.... lean into the wind.

This evening I was greeted in the parking area by the sight of two bananas on Deputy D's Fly-150. I'm guessing he didn't ride home with them there...too, windy.

  • 58F/14C , clear and the wind mostly to my back for the ride to work.
  • 63F/17C with a few clouds and crazy wind for the ride home.

2 comments:

  1. The banana mystery.
    Are the bananas meant as food for the scoot?
    Is it art?
    Or did Deputy D simply forget...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't know what the bananas were about...but they did make me smile.
      ~k

      Delete