Thursday, March 15, 2012

Different Eyes

Yes, I rode to work today.

The morning ride was warm and clear, but as the day moved on the clouds moved in.

There was a shower mid-afternoon and by leave work time there were occasional rain drops falling from the sky. I was tempted to head straight home, but I needed gas and it is such a hassle to get gasoline in the morning.


The clouds didn't look that threatening, but there was some lightning off to the west.

I fill up at this gas station two or three times a week. . In the past I must have looked at these trees hundreds of times, but with the storm on the horizon I had different eyes with me and today I saw them--white and tall and straight. Marvelous.

As it turned out, not only did I fill up with gasoline, but I stopped by and paid my internet bill as well. It didn't really start to rain until the Symba was nice and cozy in her corner of the garage, I'd freed the cat from the closet he'd been shut in all day, and I had time to make myself a light snack.

By the way, the sometime Harley rider didn't ride today either. Pity.
  • 66F/19C with a few clouds to keep me company for the ride to work.
  • 71F/22C with thunderstorms in the area but not where I was for the ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment