Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Best Done Slow

Yes, I rode to work today.

Today the St. Louis Baseball team, the Cardinals, played an afternoon game. It was against their arch rival the Chicago Cubs. It was a big crowd. The game was letting out near ride home time. Traffic was heavy. There was lots of stop and go. Fortunately, I didn't have any reason to hurry. I'm finding life works best when I don't need be in a hurry, when I can accept time passing on its own terms.  When my attention is in the here and now even traffic can be where I want to be. Of course, it seems every ride has its ebb and flow. I can't say the time I spent behind a late model oil burning Dodge Avenger at three different stoplights was a spiritual experience. On the other hand, riding by Sweetie Pies Kitchen is always best done slow. I wouldn't be surprised if one could gain weight by simply inhaling the smells at the corner of Manchester Ave. and Tower Grove.
  • 59F/15C and a few clouds, but lots of sunshine for the ride to work.
  • 82F/28C and plenty of sunshine for the ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment