Monday, May 21, 2012

Wisdom Possessed Us

Yes, I rode to work today.

It seemed today was scooter day.

And, it was a day when pleasant coincidences were waiting for me.


This woman was waiting for someone. And, the photo was waiting for me to take it.

After work I was riding south on Brannon Ave. As I approached the intersection with Fyler I saw two north bound Vespa riders waiting at the four-way stop. Even though the "Vespa-teers" had the right of way they motioned the car coming from the east to go on through. I thought this a tiny bit odd until I saw the yellow scooter of Chinese origin approaching from the east. The rider was a young woman. When she came to a stop we all looked at each other and laughed. We had three corners covered--almost a full house. Wisdom possessed us. None of us tried to make a big deal of the coincidence, to try and make something out of the moment. Of course, the guys on the Vespas still had the right of way and went straight, I turned right. The young woman followed me for a few blocks before making a left turn on Hampton.  It was all over quickly. I suspect the memory will linger and bring a smile to my face nearly every time I come to the corner of Brannon and Fyler. I really glad we didn't ruin it.
  • 59F/15C and a little cloudy for the ride to work.
  • 73F/23C and lots of sunshine for the ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment