Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Different Woman, Same Elevator

Yes, I rode to work today.

And, today a different woman, but on the same elevator asked me, "Did you ride your motorcycle today?" I was standing next to her in full gear with my helmet in my hand. I wanted to say, "No, I rode the bus. I dress like this because it's a great conversation starter." But, I didn't. This isn't the first time I've been in this scenario. And, one time a Deputy Sheriff asked me the same question when I was all geared up. The Deputy was working security. It sort of made me question my safety a little. I suppose what is going on is the making of an observation. Still it seems odd. Am I the only one who gets this question?

Also, it warmed up today. How much did it warm up?

It warmed up enough for Hamburger Guy to be back on his corner.
  • 29F/-2C with a few clouds and hardly a breeze for the ride to work.
  • 47F/8C and a couple of clouds for the home ride.

2 comments:

  1. I think we all giveth and receiveth dumb remarks. I've offered my share of dumb remarks and it doesn't look like I'll be slowing down any time soon... unfortunately.

    Awkward moments create the worst comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha,
    I, too, have littered my life with dumb remarks. I, also, have taken great delight in receiving dumb remarks. I'm grateful I now most often when on the receiving end of a dumb remark just think of what I would like to respond with, or blog about it later, rather than opening my mouth and coming out with it. I've unnecessarily hurt some feelings along the way.
    ~k

    ReplyDelete