Tuesday, November 27, 2012

It Was Chilly

Yes, I rode to work today.

It was a chilly morning.

Some would even say it was cold. The woman riding the elevator with me asked, ""Don't you get cold riding that thing?" She was wearing a light weight jacket designed more to look good than be warm. "Only if I dress like a fool," was my reply.

Later I shared this story with a friend. She commented, "I knew I was a grown up when I bought a warm coat and boots. There comes a time when the desire for comfort supersedes the desire to be fashionable." If this be true, I'm not sure some people ever grow up.

But, how cold was it?

Well, it was cold enough for the Hamburger Guy to stay home.
  • 23F/-5C with a few clouds and absolutely no wind for the ride to work.
  • 36F/2C and cloudy, but the moon was plenty visible for the home ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment