Monday, November 26, 2012

The Murdoch Madness Begins

Yes, I rode to work today.

And, this is what greeted me as I pushed Billie, my Symba, out of the garage this morning.

0635 CST
This will be my view from now until after Christmas. We didn't know about Murdoch Street's yearly transformation into Candy Cane Lane until after we came to the neighborhood. It is quite the thing. You can learn more about it by clicking here. I must say, for Heather and me it is mostly a royal PITA. Oh well, into each life some suffering must fall and may this be our biggest problem.

0700 CST
By the time I left the Cafe it had brightened up to a lighter shade of gray. There is a possibility of flurries tonight, but it is a very slight chance. And, if it does spit out some snowflakes the ground is way too warm for any of it to stick.
  • 36F/2C and mostly cloudy for the ride to work.
  • 42F/6C and overcast for the home ride.

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck on that mess... you must feel you are living in a carnival.

    What's that object that looks like a red flag hanging down on the left?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha,
    The mess wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for all the one way streets. Oh well, this too will pass.

    The red object that looks like a red flag is a red flay. It is the flag for the City of St. Louis. I love this flag and have it on two of my jackets and on one of my helmets. It is a wonderful flag.

    Thanks for noticing,
    ~k

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked that info up just now. Really good looking flag! I love the fleur de lis design. I even put cedar fleur de lis trim on my house!

    Wish my town had something this sophisticated and beautiful. I think Baraboo will have a clown on their flag- home of Ringling Brothers... : ^ (

    ReplyDelete