Friday, April 12, 2013

Tired and....

Yes, I rode to work today.

The day started clear, but clouds moved in. 

It has been a long week. Work has been very busy, which is a good thing. That said, I'm tired. The storms cutting into one night's sleep didn't help.

A co-worker retired today. We were buds. Work is what we had in common and I suspect the relationship will not continue. It's funny how that goes. I will miss her.

Put it all together and I'm left with a slight touch of reflective melancholy. It somehow seems appropriate to hear of Jonathan Winter's death. He has always been one of my favorite comediennes and I suppose it is in part because of the melancholy I sensed as the soil from where is humor sprouted. Oh well, what a very funny, talented, and odd man.

The tulips are finally blooming.

Tornadoes, spring storms, daffodils, trees a flower, and now tulips. Hopefully, I get some time to ride this weekend and look for more signs of Spring.
  • 38F/3C and a few clouds for the ride to work.
  • 45F/7C and overcast for the home ride.

8 comments:

  1. I said Goodbye and Thank You to Jonathan, too. Happy times by the TV as a child.

    Enjoy that weather. Maybe I'll move to MO someday. Although politically speaking it's not my favorite state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha,
      Politically speaking it's not my favorite state either. I only expected to be here three or four years and that was many years ago. It has been good to me.

      Yes, many happy times in front of the TV with Mr. Winters.
      ~k

      Delete
  2. I too was saddened when I heard that Jonathan Winters passed. He was one of the good ones.

    Hope your weather dries out soon. At least the rain and snow brings the flowers out. Oregon is soggy and rainy right now too, must be sympathy rain for St. Louis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're back to sunshine and warm temperatures. It's Missouri. The weather will change.
      ~k

      Delete
  3. JW's passing brought me reflections as well and I'll be seeking out some of his old bits.

    Keith, I'll be watching for yours....signs of spring up here appear to be quite rare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A nice day today and tomorrow will be warmer, but windier. The early wildflowers are beginning to bloom. So, what did I do? Went looking for murals. Go figure.
      ~k

      Delete
  4. I too was saddened by JW's passing. I spent many happy childhood moments listening and imitating his characters. Still do them today.

    He was one of a kind...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb,
      I loved how he used sound effects. He was very very funny.
      ~k

      Delete