Thursday, April 11, 2013

Spring Storms

Yes, I rode to work today.

Today was not a mesh day. Even though the passing weather front brought much different temperatures, I didn't wear my "cold weather" helmet. I'd forgotten about lens fogging. This morning's ride re-enforced what I already knew. It isn't enough to have a dual lens, one also needs a breathguard and some airflow to really do the trick.

We weren't located in the area which suffered the worse of the storms. You can click here to read an article and see a video about the storm. As a friend commented, "Nothing says Springtime in the Midwest like tornado warnings and 100mph winds."

Although it was overcast all day, there were patches of blue sky occasionally. Tomorrow promises sunshine, but there are frost warnings on tap for Saturday morning. Of course, then another big warm up come Sunday. Yep, it's time to climb aboard the Spring weather roller coaster once again.
  • 48F/9C and overcast for the ride to work.
  • 47F/8C and still overcast for the home ride.

2 comments:

  1. How many season can you experience in one week, or even a day living in the midwest? All four I'm thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm MORE than ready to climb on the Spring roller coaster....just let me know where and when they're taking tickets.

    ReplyDelete