Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Dragon

Yes, I rode to work today.

And . . .

Once again the clouds let in the sunshine, but kept the sun out of my eyes.


It was hazy with a little fog hugging the ground in the parks, especially Tower Grove Park. I didn't get a picture. You'll have to take my word for it. These conditions, also, made for a much less blinding ride to work than yesterday, and yesterday was much less blinding than Monday.

Today, also, was a much better day at work.

The evening was topped off in two very special ways.


First, I saw a dragon in the sky while riding home. Can you see it?

Second, I spent some time with some dear folks in my friend Will's Sukkah. You can click here for more information about what a Sukkah is and the Jewish Holiday of Sukkot.

It was another wonderful soulful riding day.

  • 66F/19C with a little fog and some merciful clouds for the ride to work.
  • 82F/28C with dragons in the sky for the ride over to Will's.
  • 78F/26C and I'm told it was partly cloudy for the home ride, but I can't say for sure. It was dark


7 comments:

  1. Wonderful clouds...the first photo shows something special, I believe. It looks like what's called a helix or double helix cloud formation. No doubt contrails, but a wonderful sighting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha,
      I think one of the reasons I love farmlands and prairies has to do with be enveloped by the sky and living with the clouds. It was certainly a grand way to begin the morning.

      Delete
  2. I kind of saw Horton the elephant. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see that :^) Aren't clouds wonderful! Especially, this time of year.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous dragon in repose. Awesome picture. So glad you were able to pull over to take a picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, got it at a stoplight. I keep the camera on a lanyard around my neck. I think its funny, I wear all this gear and then put a noose around my neck. Oh well, it's the risk I take to catch dragons :^)

      Delete
    2. Keith, I'd agree a risk worth taking. I need to follow your lead and have the camera even more at the ready. Be safe sir.

      Delete