Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Riding, Remembering, and Refreshing My Soul

Yes, I rode to work today.

And . . .

The clouds kept the morning sun from blinding me quite so much.


It was a very intense day at work and to unwind I took a long way home. This took me by Roosevelt High School. There was a football game going on.


Even after all these years and closing in on my mid-sixties I still miss playing this sport. As an adult my "contact" needs got met by taking up lacrosse. Lacrosse is the most wonderful sport. I loved it, but I suspect growing up with football is what put it in my bones.


The sky on the ride home didn't look that much different than it did in the morning. It was a great evening for riding, remembering, and refreshing my soul.

  • 57F/14C and some clouds for the ride to work.
  • 82F/28C and some more clouds for the home ride.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. You got some gorgeous and romantic clouds yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Romantic. I hadn't thought so until you mentioned it. Yes, they were. Thanks for pointing that out.

      Delete
  2. Those clouds are beautiful. I love how dramatic they can be at this time of year.

    Hope you have a better day at work today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was much better at work. Yesterday was very difficult and today was very good. Thanks for you concern.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos Keith... thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thanks for commenting. I was wondering how you were. I'm still way too busy. I've not been riding hardly at all on the weekends. Just commuting and I thank God for the ride everyday.

      Delete