Monday, September 23, 2013

Sun

Yes, I rode to work today.

And . . .

There was no rain in sight.

0710 CDT
During our period of overcast and cloudy days the Sun has not been standing still.


It tis' the season of blinding light. It would be nice to have a North/South commute, but I don't. There are times I must ride into the sun either coming or going. I still feel I'd rather be the one with glare then be the one riding out of the glare. Somehow I feel I have more control this way. Heaven knows folks seem to have enough trouble seeing riders during ideal conditions, putting the sun behind my back doesn't seem like a good idea.

Although the motorcycle parking area at the Courthouse has places to lock down a bicycle, there are seldom any there. Those who commute most often keep their cycles inside, and those who are "guests" usually use the racks in front of the buildings. However, today there was a bicycle near where I usually park Miss Billie.


I noticed something that at first looked like gum on the valve stem, but as you can see it is clearly a pig. Nice.

  • 55F/13C and a very few clouds for the ride to work.
  • 77F/25C and excruciatingly clear for the ride home.

4 comments:

  1. I thought that was gum, too! I LOVE the pig! Must have!!! Thanks for catching that!

    Take care in that sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that pig!

      The sun is worse in the Spring. At least now there are some leaves to break it up some. Yes, I will take care. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Someone was very creative with that valve stem cover.

    Beautiful sunshine. So nice to see after the rain. It is blinding here too when out. I head into the sun to and from work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes in the Spring I change my leaving times to miss the worse of it. During the autumn times there are only a couple of places where it is really bad.

      I'll echo Martha's well wish to me to you, "Take care in that sunshine."

      Delete