Friday, September 6, 2013

My Second Friday of the Week

Yes, I rode to work today.

And . . .

A couple of days away can make a huge difference in the demise of  an old building.

It appears the wrecking crew has reached the "Knock it down and haul it away" stage of the demolition. I reached the stage where I'm ready  for it to be over.

For years I rode by this building and befriended it. I will miss it, but as often happens with a old friend with a terminal illness I've reached a point where the only mercy left to hope for is a quick end to the suffering.

The motorcycle parking area is overflowing. The weather is nearly perfect for riding. We are dry but I hear few saying we need rain.

I survived my Monday which ended at noon. I enjoyed my second Friday of the week all afternoon long.

  • 70F/31C and sunny for my ride to work.
  • 88F/31C and sunny for my home ride.

2 comments:

  1. Keith, it never ceases to amaze me that when they demolish a building in no time I have no idea what the heck occupied the vacant lot. It's like when a friend gets contact lenses or shaves off a mustache. You know something's different but what the heck is it???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two Fridays seem much better than two Mondays in a week.

    I always find it funny how demolition seems to take forever then all of sudden it is gone. Maybe they are being careful stripping wiring and such from the inside before they tear it down.

    ReplyDelete