Monday, September 9, 2013

Colorful

Yes, I rode to work today.

And . . .

It was a humid hazy start to the day.

Which makes for colorful fuzzy sunrises.

It got pretty warm as the day progressed, but fortunately the humidity lessen and the ride home was not much more uncomfortable than the ride in. Tomorrow we're to expect more of the same.

The paving is over on Arsenal St. and Billie is once more my ride of choice. It was good to be riding her again. I know part of my delight was being back in the neighborhoods I've come to love. While I was riding Isabelle to work I was taking other routes and this too was good, but for me it seems I like being back "home" and in my routines best.

  • 78F/26C with 76% humidity hanging in the air for the ride to work.
  • 97F/36C with plenty of sun for the ride home.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you are back into your regular routine with Billie. There is something to be said for comfort zones.

    I like the fuzzy sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, me too. I like routines!

      I'm glad you liked the fuzzy sunrise.

      Delete
  2. A routine can rattle me as much as non-routine rattles you. Of course, I don't know exactly how you respond to a change in routine, but I get very anxious and ill tempered. In any weather...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha,
      I do best when I'm in a nice predictable flow. Some folks call it a routine. Others have called it my rut.

      My second best is in a completely new situation. This isn't pretty, but as long as things don't come at me too quickly, it is better than door #3.

      Door #3 is when someone moves my cheese. In other words, my usual routine gets an unexpected wrench or two thrown in the works.

      I, too, get very anxious when my routine gets messed with. I do not like it at all.

      Delete
    2. Darn it. I said it all wrong. Must have been the heat...

      I don't do well in routines, is what I was trying to say. A routine that goes on too long drives me wild. I need change constantly. But that could just be a need for distractions. However, I glean a lot from distractions and manufacture quite a lot of high quality distractions myself! And perhaps my life would have been better with routine.

      Delete