Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pretty Warm

Yes, I rode to work today.

And . . .

It wasn't as humid as yesterday. When I said, "It's pretty warm outside," on coming in from my afternoon walk/break, my co-workers told me I was wrong. In their opinion it was "Damn hot." After last summer's record temperatures nothing this year has felt "hot". Truthfully, as long as the humidity remains reasonable anything under triple-digits Fahrenheit doesn't seem all that bad to me anymore. Do I get hot? Yes, but what's so bad about that? I sweat a lot, but I stay hydrated. Oh, and is there a better feeling than starting up after a stoplight and feeling the wind come through the vents evaporating the moisture from the heat of the moment? In my book it is one of the most wonderful sensations in the world.

Tomorrow I'm getting my internet service upgraded. I'm taking the whole day off and expect to be frustrated. The last time I had a technician come out I knew more about computers than he did which is scary. I became flustered, which means I turned pretty stupid. Hell, I don't even know what my account password is anymore. That's the bad. The good is in over seven years of having AT&T I've only had one problem which wasn't them, it turned out to be my hardware. And, the guy who didn't seem to know anything managed to figure it out. So, there you go.

If things have been so good, why am I tempting fate? It seems broadband is being phased out. Fiber Optic progress. We'll see. I just know it seems most beginnings are difficult.

  • 79F/26C with a few clouds for the ride to work.
  • 97F/36C and plenty of sunshine for the ride home.

2 comments:

  1. My the temperatures in your area are incredible. For us it's back to 15, maybe 18 C. Summer's over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with that feeling of the breeze when pulling away from a stop light. There is something abut it that just feels so good.

    Hope today goes smooth for you.

    ReplyDelete