Monday, September 16, 2013

Years Piled Up.

Yes, I rode to work today.

And . . .

It was overcast.

0710 CDT
It wasn't so very cold, but a damp was in the air. I found myself switching on the heated grips. Funny, it won't be long and these temperatures will feel rather warm. The body does adapt to the temperatures . . .well, at least this body does.

There isn't much left standing of the old warehouse. Looking at the old timbers stacked up nearly took my breath. I wonder how many years are piled up in this moment. Soon it will all be gone.

  • 61F/16C and overcast for the ride to work.
  • 73F/23C with lots of clouds, but plenty of sunshine peeking through for the ride home.

8 comments:

  1. Keith, I wonder whether some portion of those beams will be recycled to live on in another building. If so it would be cool to bear witness to their rebirth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope they will be recycled. There aren't many timbers like that anymore. All gone.

      Delete
  2. Hi Keith ,
    Lot of history wrapped up in those timbers...... Agreeing with David , lets hope they live on!

    Over here in the U.K we was blessed with some really wonderful weather (July & aug) it now feels like November !

    Kindest regards
    Len

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Len,
      We'll had marvelous weather here. It has been to dry for the crops and lawns, but great for riding.

      Delete
  3. I'm wondering about those timbers, too. I think they will live on! Track them down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I not sure I know how to track them, but it might lead to some great stories.

      Delete
  4. Wow, there isn't much left at all. I wonder where the timbers will end up. Hopefully repurposed somewhere cool.

    ReplyDelete